Translate

Breaking News

Lionel Messi Finally Makes an apology After Being Suspended By PSG.

After receiving a fine for traveling to Saudi Arabia earlier this week without permission and skipping a training session as a result, Lionel Messi apologized to Paris St. Germain and his teammates on Friday.

The World Cup-winning captain of Argentina allegedly received a two-week suspension from PSG after leaving without their consent to travel to Saudi Arabia the day following the Ligue 1 leaders' 3-1 home loss to Lorient in order to fulfill obligations under a contract with the country's tourism authority. He was meant to workout with the team that day.

“I sincerely believed that I would have the day off after the game as had been happening in previous weeks. I had this excursion organised and I couldn’t rescind it, I had already cancelled it before,” Messi said in a video posted on Instagram to his 458 million followers.

“I apologise to my teammates and I’m waiting for what the club wants to do with me,” added the Argentina forward.

No comments